In some ways it seems silly and pretentious to write all this out, but given the nature of what a personal blog is I’m going to try and get through it…
First off some direction through definition:
1. To increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge: expanded her store by adding a second room. See Synonyms at increase.
2. To express at length or in detail; enlarge on: expanded his remarks afterward.
3. To open (something) up or out; spread out: The bird expanded its wings and flew off.
4. Mathematics To write (a quantity) as a sum of terms in an extended form.
1. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) Also called visible horizon apparent horizon the apparent line that divides the earth and the sky
2. (Astronomy) Astronomy
a. Also called sensible horizon the circular intersection with the celestial sphere of the plane tangential to the earth at the position of the observer
b. Also called celestial horizon the great circle on the celestial sphere, the plane of which passes through the centre of the earth and is parallel to the sensible horizon
3. the range or limit of scope, interest, knowledge, etc.
4. (Earth Sciences / Geological Science) a thin layer of rock within a stratum that has a distinct composition, esp of fossils, by which the stratum may be dated
5. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) a layer in a soil profile having particular characteristics See A horizon, B horizon, C horizon
on the horizon likely or about to happen or appear
I put these definitions here to help lay out where I am going with this post in particular and this blog in the abstract. In particular, I am looking at incorporating definitions 1, 2 and 3 from the first, and 3 of the second.
When I first started this blog, in its original inception, way back in time (2001), I had envisioned a place where I shared the things that I had an interest in (writing, art, training, politics, cultural anthropology, comparative religions, etc.), or had a hand in (family “stuff,” writing, art, training, commodity training, etc.).
Over the years it has vacillated somewhere in-between these two poles, even splitting into two separate blogs for a while, one specifically about my training, the other encompassing all the other areas.
A couple of years ago I recombined them back together to streamline my web-presence.
For the last year this blog has been almost exclusively about training. Now, I love training, both for myself and my clients… But my life is bigger than this, and I am feeling “cramped” by the focus I’ve been plying to it. I love helping people meet their physical goals (as well as my own) and am going to continue to perform in those arenas. But it is time to take a much wider focus and reopen the doors to those other fields of enquiry.
I have taken the last couple of months deciding what and where I want to go with this site – especially as I spend considerably more time on Facebook and Twitter micro-blogging than here.
For the for seeable future I am going to be putting posts up on everything from old (and new) artwork, my writing (including putting up new articles that I haven’t found venues for yet), articles and posts on current events, politics, news, etc., stories I love about comparative religion, cultural anthropology, commodity trading, and more…
Hopefully you’ll stay tuned for what I have planned… And maybe tell your friends. 😉
Ciao for now!